Rich Guerra came to Network Leadership after serving as the Senior Pastor of Visalia First Assembly for 12 years. Under his leadership, the church saw tremendous growth and relocated their Worship Center, Elementary School and Church Offices to a 40 acre (Akers) campus, while retaining their 5 acre (Walnut) campus for the Preschool, Jr. High and Sr. High Schools. The Miracle League of Visalia baseball field (for special needs children) is located on the Akers Campus and at that time was the only one of its kind on the West Coast. Rich served as the Executive Presbyter for Region 1 of the Southern California Network of the Assemblies of God prior to being elected as the Assistant Superintendent.
Previously Rich served as the Senior Pastor of Trinity Life Center, in Las Vegas, NV from 1990 to 1995. He also served on the staff of Capital Christian Center, Sacramento, as the Singles Pastor. At that time, it was one of the largest groups in the US.
In 1984, he was chosen to serve as the Youth Ministries Director for the Southern California District where he led the District from 16th to 1st in the nation in Speed-the-Light giving.
In April 2007, Rich was elected to serve as the Assistant Superintendent for the Southern California Network, and in May 2010, he was elected to serve as the 12th Network Superintendent. Rich continues to champion church planting and moving the SoCal Network forward with Vision 2020, to become healthy churches making an impact on Southern California for the Kingdom.
Rich earned a B.A. in Biblical Studies at Southern California College in 1978, and a M.A. in Church Leadership at Southern California College in 1987, now known as Vanguard University.
Rich and his wife, Coni, have been married since 1978 and have three grown children: Ryan, Andrew, and Lindsay, and five grandkids: Jacob, London, Simon, Everly, Raelyn.
- Pastor to the pastors and ministers
- Overseer of the churches and the entire Network
- Bridge builder to the church boards and laity
- Recommender and appointer of Network Affiliated Church Pastors
- Chairman of the Network Regional Presbyteries
- Direct oversight of:
- Church Planting
- Network Affiliated churches
- Hispanic Ministries
- Intercultural Ministries
- Young Ministers’ Network
- Involvement of Leadership forums
- Oversight and direction of ministerial coaching
- Director of Ministry development and formation
- Director of Personnel
- Convene, plan and preside over all Network conferences, including but not limited to the Annual Network Conference, Ministers' Retreat, Regional Business Meetings and Banquets
- Liaison to the Church Extension Plan
- Direct oversight of all Network publications
- Preaching ministry within the Network, nationally and world-wide as requested
- Trouble-shooting and help for both churches and ministers
- Providing counseling to ministers and their families
- Presiding over business meetings for local churches and board meetings as requested or assigned
- Participating in out-of-network ministry as requested, including mission trips and General Council assignments
- Ex Officio for all Network committees
- Ex Officio and/or Member of extended committees and boards as determined or requested
- Regular writing for periodicals and various publications
Rich Guerra, Superintendent
Ron Gravell, Executive Administrator For The Superintendent