ASSISTANT SUPERINTENDENT / SECRETARY-TREASURER, SOCAL NETWORK ASSEMBLIES OF GOD 2010 – present
Gordon Houston was elected to serve as Secretary-Treasurer of the SoCal Network in May, 2010. He previously served as Assistant Superintendent from 2008 – 2010.
Prior to serving in these capacities, Gordon and his wife, Nonda, pastored San Jacinto Assembly of God for 18 years as lead pastor. During this this time, church attendance increased from 140 to over 1,400 with a staff and employees of over 40 people, and the church budget increased from $60,000.00 per year to well over $2,000,000.00.
Gordon strongly believes that the church should be involved in the local community. During his time in San Jacinto, he served as the Planning Commissioner for the City of San Jacinto, assistant varsity football coach for San Jacinto High School, volunteer counselor at the high school, as well as designer of “We Care San Jacinto” and “Maximum Impact Business Owners.”
A graduate of Vanguard University, Gordon has also served the SoCal Network as Executive Presbyter, District Presbyter, and Sectional Youth Representative. He served on the Vanguard University Board of Trustees, and is currently the chairman of the Southern California Teen Challenge Executive Committee.
His wife, Nonda, currently serves as the Director of SoCal Women. They have four children – Gordon (Sarah), Joshua (Amanda), Scott (Ashley), and Angelique (Drew). They love spending time with their eight grandchildren – Aria, Conner, Jude, Liam, London, Shiloh, Indie and Haylee.
- Serve as the Chief Financial Officer and Chief Operating Officer for the SoCal Network, which oversees 475 churches and 1400 ministers
- Oversee a yearly budget of over $5 million
- Serve as Corporate Secretary for the corporation
- Oversee and represent legal liabilities in all Network matters
- Responsible for the updating and maintaining of the ministerial and church files
- Give administrative oversight for all things relating to Ministerial Credentials
- Oversee all insurance matters for the Network and its corporate subsidiaries
- Give oversight for all Network Events and serve as Event Coordinator
- Provide administrative oversight and direction of:
- Finance Committee
- Property and Loans Committee
- Divorce Committee
- Reinstatement & Restoration Committee
- Pinecrest Christian Conference Center
- Active field ministry including the helping of pastors, boards, and churches maintain good accounting systems, proper corporate documents, files and proper insurance protection
- Participate in preaching ministry as assigned or requested
- Preside over business meetings for local churches and board meetings as requested or assigned
- Participate in out-of-district ministry as requested, including mission trips and General Council assignments
- Serve as the chair of the Executive Committee of Teen Challenge
Gordon Houston, Secretary-Treasurer
Sherry Fessler, Executive Administrative Assistant